Community Advisory Board
Goal & Commitment
The goal of the Community Advisory Council is to have a consistent, balanced, and committed group of representatives from the community come together as a collective voice to provide guidance for the Y and the Seattle Parks Department with recommendations about the programming opportunities, direction, and focus of the Y @ Cascade People’s Center (CPC). This Advisory Council will meet quarterly and as needed to support this goal.
- An interest in the Cascade Neighborhood by being a resident, worker, or regular visitor with a viable stake in the well-being of this community.
- An interest in seeing the YMCA develop valuable programming options and events in the Cascade People’s Center that meet local needs of the community, and also fulfill the mission of the YMCA and our sponsor, Seattle Parks and Recreation.
- Commitment to work positively, openly and directly with staff and volunteers of the Metrocenter YMCA and Seattle Parks and Recreation, to help chart the course of programs and activities taking place at the Cascade People’s Center.
- Attendance and participation in quarterly Council meetings.
- Familiarity with YMCA and the Seattle Parks Department’s philosophy and mission, and with the programs of the Metrocenter YMCA branch in Seattle.
- Represent the Y @ Cascade People’s Center in outreach to the community.
- Ensure that the programs, events, and activities sponsored by the Y @ Cascade People’s Center are consistent with the needs and wants of community members.
- Assist in identifying resources and partnerships to support the CPC.
- Be a positive role model for YMCA program participants, volunteers, and visitors to CPC. Maintain the highest standards of public decorum while remaining impartial, accountable, and respectful to colleagues and the people of the Cascade neighborhood.
- Thomas Lai
- Hannah Holtgeerts
- Edlira Kuka
- Scott Levering
- Patty Turnberg
- Sage Miller
- Jean Hedrick
- Geoff Eseltine
- Josh Epstein
Are you interested in becoming a part of the Community Advisory Council? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.