The Y at the Cascade People’s Center is currently raising funds to continue the work we are doing in the community. Please consider financially supporting the Y@CPC!
At the Y at the Cascade People’s Center we provide a space for social, cultural, educational and recreational opportunities for all who live, work and play in the Cascade neighborhood. The South Lake Union community is one of extreme wealth and extreme poverty. We create community experiences that cross socioeconomic barriers through unique programming, such as:
- Intergenerational Homework Help provides a quiet and safe space for children and caregivers experiencing homelessness to receive 1:1 tutoring.
- Pop-Up Technology Labs bring employment service to residents of recovery and housing programs in the neighborhood.
- Free All-Ages Yoga offers weekly wellness opportunities to all.
- Inclusive Community Potlucks gather community members to provide nourishment and relationship building opportunities every month.
- Community Coffee Hour provides a welcoming and warm space for hungry neighbors instead of waiting outside to access the food bank.
When you financially support the Y at the Cascade People’s Center, you help foster a safe space where neighbors from all backgrounds build community and meet each other’s needs with dignity and respect.
Please consider supporting the Y at the Cascade People’s Center by following this link!